Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Lavender Festival 2016

Another great year (the 9th) at the Lavender Festival! Simply the most satisfying, gratifying experience one could hope for.  I was one of the first vendors at this venue years ago as a new artist. In the beginning I had a few notecards in plastic baggies, and some framed paintings with a borrowed tent and metal grid racks.   There were only about 6-8 artist booths, 2 port-a-potties, and somebody cooking hotdogs.  It has grown exponentially every year, and this year we had probably 5000 visitors, 25 artists, several professional food vendors, demonstrations all day and more potties! This year I brought all sizes of original paintings, prints and notecards. People come from everywhere to enjoy the farm, pick lavender, and shop.  I have grown so much personally as an artist and have developed a following from this show more than any other. Maybe because it's local, maybe the small size has let people find me; whatever the reason it has let me paint with freedom and have learned to work really hard to prepare a nice show with lots of choices and price points so people can have a piece of art for themselves or a gift. It's a dream come true for me!


I had a great location-the first booth!

On the left is a true friend-she helped me both days, all day!
                              My hubby to the rescue-I had forgotten a few things to decorate my tent!

No comments: