Friday, July 20, 2012

Lavender Festival 2012

The 2012 Lavender Festival was a big success!  Despite high heat and rain, several thousand people attended and had a great time.  The weekend in our little town was packed with activity-antique show, polo matches, Ride for Life bike ride to raise money for cancer, Anyela winery tastings,  music in the village, and our Festival.
Hundreds of people braved 95 degree heat to pick lavender, attend a variety of workshops, and visit us artists and vendors.
Happy in my booth under a shaded tree.  I was busy signing prints of the poster that I illustrated for this year's Festival. (You can see it hanging in the background)

Picking frenzy!

Sunday was rainy but it didn't stop this little one!

My son and girlfriend surprised me with a visit from Connecticut.

Now time to get ready for the next show!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a wonderful festival, Christy. Your booth looks wonderful. And what a lovely surprise to have your son visit. It's great that everyone had such a good time.

christy lemp said...

Thanks Vandy! It was such a great weekend. I had nice sales and lavender dreams (sleeping soundly) when it was over.